Welcome to PDK Project Engineering Ltd
PDK offers a broad "project related" design and detailing resource to contractors and fabricators throughout the UK, using many of the leading curtain wall & rainscreen systems available to the UK market today by manufacturers including:
Kawneer, Schuco, Reynaers, Velfac, Senior, Sapa, Comar, Technal, Metal Technology, Cortizo, & Smart.
PDK design staff have many years experience working in the construction and engineering industry, and we have the expertise to handle all sizes of projects, up to a value of £2 million, additionally we work to current Velfac ISO standards and undergo audits for continual compliance and follow set procedures for our clients to act on their behalf.
The services we offer include:
- Liaising and meeting directly with the Project Architect, Construction Design Team, Structural Engineers and Project Managers
- Adherence to, and checking of, specifications in-line with current building legislation
- Full detailing package from start to finish, including all revision work, issue of drawings, as-built information, and survey check dimensions
- Document control, using the "industry standard" on-line document interchange systems, typically employed by the larger Main Contractors
- Fabrication drawings of bracketry, curtain wall bar drawings, pressing, panel, glass and gasket schedules
- Site surveys
- Extrusion design
- Glass loading calculations for containment and impact standards
- Wind load calculations
In the changeable economic climate the entire industry is facing more strenuous economic demands, but we would submit that out-sourcing work to PDK offers several advantages to you, the customer
- The use of an outside design resource allows you to "smooth" out some of the imbalances of workload, so turnover increases whilst keeping the in-house design resource busy
- Using PDK as an outside resource allows specific projects to be targeted, with the knowledge that there is a design resource available to detail, and manage the project at short notice. This also means that projects larger than usual may be undertaken, without having to recruit extra personnel
- Projects are priced on a fixed price basis, enabling tighter control of the budget, any necessary additions are covered under separate quotations, and agreed prior to work commencing
- We take great pride in the quality and accuracy of our work, Our specialist knowledge, with more than 20 years window / curtain walling / cladding and structural design experience means we can problem solve interface issues, material compatibility issues, methods of assembly and build sequence in order to achieve a workable and economic design
All our staff regularly attend CPD based training courses to ensure our product, construction and legislative knowledge is up to date.